Mercedes-Benz Apps are part of the high-end multimedia system COMAND Online
COMAND Online is the high-end multimedia system of Mercedes-Benz including navigation, DVD changer, radio and telephony. It also provides internet access to browse the internet while standing and offers the cloud-based Mercedes-Benz Apps that are easy to use while driving. COMAND Online can be operated safely and conveniently via rotary controller and voice (Linguatronic).
COMAND Online with Mercedes-Benz Apps and Internet Connectivity was launched with the new SLK at Geneva Motorshow in March 2011. It is available for all Mercedes-Benz models and in more than 80 markets.
In many markets, to connect to the internet, the customer’s phone is used for data transfer (tethering). With the implementation of the PAN Bluetooth profile, whose rollout started in new Mercedes-Benz vehicles in spring 2013, COMAND Online can be used with most phones, including Apple iPhone and Android-based smartphones. Data exchange takes place via the secure and protected Mercedes Cloud (Daimler Vehicle Backend).
Mercedes-Benz Apps – current portfolio
Mercedes-Benz Apps are focused on driving related use cases. The UI is optimized to be operated by the driver while driving.
- Online Maps powered by Google
- Local Search powered by Google
- Download POI&Routes
- Google StreetView
- Panoramio by Google
- TuneIn Radio
- Mercedes-Benz Radio
- HRS Hotel Search
- Facebook including Friend Finder
- News (including text-to-speech function)
- Country Traffic Regulations
- Parking Finder (D, A, CH, JPN)
- Morningstar Finance
- Mercedes-Benz Service Campaigns
- Flight Information
- Movie Theaters &Movies (USA)
- Traffic Cams (USA, CAN)
- Yelp (USA, CAN)
- MyMBFS (USA)
- Gas Stations & Fuel Prices (USA,AT,FR,UK,ES)
Mercedes-Benz Touch App
The Mercedes-Benz Touch App is a remote control app for the new 2014 S-class: Apple iPhone or Android phones can be used to control the entertainment system (available in the Apple App Store and Android Play). With the virtual rotary controller, the passengers can easily navigate the COMAND Online system and access all of the entertainment features and settings. Additionally the active multicontour seats with massage functions can conveniently be adjusted. The app can be used to switch the vehicle’s display through the Navi, Radio, Media, Internet, and Vehicle menus:
- Zoom and scroll the map in the car and see the details of the navigation destination.
- Select music or videos and control the playback. Control the volume of wired headphones directly from the app.
- Use the phone keyboard to directly enter search terms or URLs to the car. Mercedes-Benz Touch makes the phone a touchpad for mouse control in the COMAND web browser.
- Manage contour seat adjustments and massage programs directly from the phone.
To connect the app via WiFi, the SPLITVIEW display for COMAND or the Rear-Seat Entertainment system have to be installed.
Mercedes-Benz Apps Labs
MB Apps Labs is a novel approach for app development that ensures rapid introduction of new and innovative apps to Mercedes-Benz vehicles. In a collaborative approach with leading business partners in the digital information and entertainment space, apps are developed in a short period of time and evaluated in test markets. On success, commercialized solutions are introduced to Mercedes-Benz customers on a broader scale in close collaboration with partners, which can also be from the start-up community.
- → Download Factsheet english (PDF)
- → Download Factsheet german (PDF)
- → Download Pictures Audio News (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Flight Info (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Gas Price (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Google Maps (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Hotel Finder (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Internet Radio (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures MB Finance (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Movies (ZIP)
- → Download Pictures Traffic Cams (ZIP)